: If you use Windows XP and do not have .NET Framework 2.0
installed, the program will ask you to install it. In this case please follow the given link and return to the installation process after you install .NET Framework 2.0
. If you use Windows Vista or 7 you will skip this step as Vista and 7 have .NET Framework 2.0
Depending on your system configuration you may need to install additional codecs
(if you can't see the image or can't hear the sound while playing the downloaded videos). In this case please see this article from our FAQ.
Please note that you may need to add Clip Extractor in the exceptions list of your firewall
. See this FAQ article
2. Now restart Internet Explorer and go to YouTube site. Find the video you wish to download and open the page, where it's playing (VERY IMPORTANT: it will NOT work if you stay on YouTube homepage, search results page or channel page
). At the right side of your browser’s toolbar (Internet Explorer
) you will find the program’s icon. Please see this article from our FAQ
if you can't find the icon. Please click here
to see the instructions about Firefox
Clip Extractor toolbar button:
3. When you click this icon, the pop-up window will appear with URL of the video automatically entered into the "Clip URL" field.
Tip: If you’ve got the URL (page address) of a specific YouTube video and don’t want to return to this video page at YouTube, you can insert the URL of the video into the “Clip URL” field yourself. In this case please start the program from the Start menu or by clicking the desktop shortcut.
4. Next step is to select output format from the “Select format” combo-box and to select quality level and video size from the “Choose screen size and quality” combo-box. By specifying these settings you can adjust YouTube video to the screen size and space volume of your portable device. Or if you like, you can keep default settings to get the output quality and size as they are.
Tip: If you are interested in only downloading the audio track you can do that by selecting MP3 from “Select …” combo-box.
5. Select the output folder: click the "Browse" button.
6. Finally, click "Start Download" button, the program will begin to download and convert the video.
7. Once the video is downloaded you have 4 options: - Play the video by clicking the “Play Video”. The video will play in your default video player. - Close the program. - Start new download by clicking “Start New Download” button (you’ll have to enter URL of the video manually in this case). - Make a ringone
from the video you just downloaded.
Clip Extractor also lets you make a ringtone for your phone. You can make a ringtone either from an exisiting media file on your computer* or from a YouTube or other supported sites
1. To make a ringtone from a YouTube video
, navigate to the page where a video is playing and click the "Make Ringtone" button on your browser toolbar.
Clip Extractor "Make Ringtone" toolbar button:
2. This will download a video and import it in the Ringtone Editor, where you can select a time frame for your new ringtone by moving sliders or manually setting the exact start time and end time.
3. Once the time interval is set, click "Save As", select the folder where you want to save your ringtone, and then select the output format (non compressed WAV or MP3).
The other way to make a ringtone from a YouTube video
is to download the video normally like described in the first part of this tutorial and then click "Make a Ringtone" on the final screen
, when the download is complete. This way you have both a video and a ringtone from it.
4. To make a ringtone from a media file on your computer*
open Ringtone Maker (click Start -> All Programs -> Clip Extractor -> Ringtone Maker) and then click "Open File". Then follow the instructions from the step 3.
*Only Clip Extractor PRO users.
- Windows 2000/XP/2003 Server/Vista/7/8